Festival of Mediterranean Plants at Domaine du Rayol
Domaine du Rayol – Jardin des Méditerranées – is famous for its beautiful plants and flowers, and the gardens can be explored throughout the seasons. Gondwana, the Festival of Mediterranean Plants, is celebrated every year at Domaine du Rayol as the summer comes to an end. California takes pride of place at the 2022 festival.
Make the most of Gondwana weekend to…
- Visit the gardens with a guide so you can find out all about the secrets and special characteristics of the plants.
- Take part in themed events on the fauna of the gardens with the League for the Protection of Birds and the Pimprenelles non-profit association.
- Meet local artisans and producers, and take home some little gems: garden tools and accessories; items made from terracotta, wood or cork from the Massif des Maures; copper and glass sculptures; and honey, nougat, syrups, herbal teas and so forth.
- Choose shrubs, cacti, succulents, palm trees, acacias, fruit trees and aromatic plants for your garden.
- Relive your childhood on a ride on the “beautiful wheel” ecological merry-go-round.
- Find out how Le Thiers knives are made from olive wood and wood from Domaine du Rayol.
- Create felted wool flowers from the Massif des Maures with the Ferme du Lambert.
- Enjoy lunch at the Café des Jardiniers on the terrace in the middle of the garden.
- Listen to a conference on a botanical road trip through California and Arizona.
Visit Domaine du Rayol on Saturday October 1 and Sunday 2, 2022 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Domaine du Rayol is located in Rayol-Canadel between Le Lavandou and Cavalaire, just 20 km from Saint-Tropez. The Bailli de Suffren Hotel is the ideal place to stay near the Jardin des Méditerranées. You can walk to the gardens from the hotel and enjoy the Gondwana Festival. And why not extend your relaxing, nature-themed break by making the most of the facilities of a hotel situated on the water’s edge?